While care has been taken in the preparation of this website, no responsibility is accepted for the information included on the website.
ScottMuirson.co.nz and/or Shot Property Limited makes no representation, warranty or undertaking concerning the accuracy, completeness or up to date nature of the information provided. Interested persons should make their own enquiries and satisfy themselves in all respects about any information that is of importance to them.
The views and opinions expressed on this website and all Scott Muirson related sites (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, blog sites, or any other site Scott Muirson feature) are not intended to be a personalised service for an individual client. The views and opinions are general in nature, may not be relevant to an individual’s circumstances, and constitute class advice only.
The views and opinions expressed are those of the individual advisers or guests and not necessarily those of ScottMuirson.co.nz and/or Shot Property Limited, it’s Directors, Agents, or Employees. Nothing contained on this website is endorsed by the Financial Markets Authority.
Before making any investment, insurance or other financial decisions, you should consult a professional financial adviser.
ScottMuirson.co.nz and/or Shot Property Limited accepts no liability whether direct or indirect for any loss or damage a person suffers because that person had directly or indirectly relied on any information provided on this website.
Financial Services Provider for Du Val Financial Services trading as Du Val Wealth. Scott Muirson FSP582027
give ScottMuirson.co.nz and/or Shot Property Limited trading as Scott Muirson when you use this website.
Shot Property Limited trading as Scott Muirson is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. ScottMuirson.co.nz and/or Shot Property Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2017.
What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Contact Information – This refers to your name, email, address and other information you provide our website
• Website activity – This refers to your browsing activity on the Advertiser’s website.
• Device and browser information – The device or browser you use to access the ScottMuirson.co.nz and/or Shot Property Limited websites
• Ad data – The online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes the number of times this has been served, the page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked or not on the ad.
• Data from Advertising Partners – This is data that we receive from other digital advertising companies that we work with (i.e. Adroll) to help us deliver ads to you and recognise you across browsers and devices.
We use this data to help our Advertisers identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant to you. We also use this data to operate, improve and enhance our services including enhancing the data points we or our Advertising Partners have about a particular user, browser, or device, or to target, optimise, cap, or synchronise advertising.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies: How We Use Them
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. ScottMuirson.co.nz and/or Shot Property Limited uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. By visiting ScottMuirson.co.nz and/or Shot Property Limited, third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on users’ browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Here are some that we use:
_session_id, unique token, sessional
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you do not want to receive any targeted advertising from ScottMuirson.co.nz and/or Shot Property Limited, you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: (s c o t t @ s c o t t m u i r s o n . c o . n z)
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under applicable laws of New Zealand. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at: (s c o t t @ s c o t t m u i r s o n . c o . n z)
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.